Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Hope In A Hopeless Situation

, , | Hopeless | February 22, 2017

(I rush into the vet’s office after my 16-year-old Chihuahua was attacked by a coonhound. I’m hysterical and can’t focus and just want him to make it. I’ve called my parents, sister, and best friend from high school and they are all supporting me as best they can. A lady comes in to pick up her yorkie and beagle. I’m still sobbing, so she comes over to me.)

Lady: “Oh, honey, what’s the matter?”

Me: “I was supposed to watch my dog for the weekend. I set him down so I could grab his things and so he could go to the bathroom. He’s 16 and has prescription food and medications and blankets because he sleeps a lot and gets antsy if he doesn’t have a blanket with him. There were two dogs wandering the neighborhood. I didn’t see them. I should’ve held onto him. Or taken him into the house. ”

(I start to lose it and break down again. She starts to console me.)

Lady: *hugs me* “Oh, it’s okay. Calm down now. Breathe.”

Me: “They don’t know if he’s gonna make it.”

Lady: “Everything will be better. I will pray for you tonight.”

Me: “Thank you.”

(The vet calls me back and tells me he started seizing when they were taking x-rays and that since the office is closing, I needed to take him to the animal ER down the street. As they are getting everything ready to transport him, he dies on the table and I cry for a solid twenty minutes. As awkward as it is, the staff asks me about payment. While I do have a job as an engineer, my payments for my student loans have increased, so I do not have a lot of money to spare and I literally have nothing on me. My friend agrees to pay for me and I will pay her back.)

Me: “How much is it?”

Nurse: “It’s going to be $100.”

Me: “That seems low. Are you sure?”

Nurse: “Actually, that lady who was talking to you earlier? She wanted to pay part of your bill. She said she couldn’t imagine going through what you were and wanted to help.”

Me: “I never even got her name…”

Nurse: “All she asked was that you remember to help out someone in the future.”

(If you’re reading this, thank you so much for your actions. I lost my dog, but at least I got to spend his last few minutes with him and he was able to be buried next to his brother. Thank you so much and I hope to help someone in the future very soon.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!