Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Her Two Cents On Customer Service

, | Right | November 14, 2013

(I work as a cashier at a concession stand during high school football games. A young girl and her father walk up to my register.)

Me: *to the father* “Just the cookies for you?”

(The father looks at his daughter and nods his head at her.)

Young Girl: “Yes, please, and I’m paying for them, too!”

Me: “Okay, that’s $1.25, please.”

(The young girl takes out her little change purse and counts out exactly $1.25, then pauses and pulls out two pennies.)

Young Girl: “That’s $1.25, and then a tip for you because you were so nice!”

(The young girl then turns to her father.)

Young Girl: “Mommy says you should tip people when they’re nice to you, and are good at their job.”

Me: “Thank you so much! Have a good night and enjoy your cookies!”

Young Girl: “You’re welcome! Thank YOU for being so nice and smiley!”

(The girl and her father came through my line again later on that evening and, once again, I earned another two-cent tip. We don’t normally take tips in that position, but it absolutely made my night!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!