Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Her A Little Flight

, , | Right | November 27, 2013

(It is eight am on Thanksgiving morning, and I am at the airport to fly to my mom’s home in Michigan. This is my second flight with this airline. The last time, I had money on a card to pay for my luggage, but they said they only took cash. I go up to the ticket counter.)

Me: “Hello! I have a nine am flight to Detroit.”

Worker: “All right, your luggage fee comes up to $50. How would you like to pay for that?”

(I put my cash on the counter and smile.)

Worker: “I’m sorry, but we only take credit or debit cards. Do you want to bill this to the card you purchased your flight with?”

Me: “But the last time they said I needed to pay in cash. I put money on the card specifically for the ticket. All I can do is pay in cash!”

Worker: “It’s fine. Just go. Happy Thanksgiving!”

(I tried to give her the cash multiple times, but she couldn’t accept it. To that worker, I am so very sorry for the mix-up, but because of your kindness I made it home in time to spend Thanksgiving with my family, and I will be eternally grateful for your kindness!)


Did you find this story using our Airline Staff roundup?

Click here to get back to it!

Click here to see the first story!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!