Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Customers The Slip

, , , | Right | June 10, 2011

(At our cafe, a massive puddle has formed after a customer spills a beverage. I quickly get to the process of cleaning it up. A customer approaches me.)

Customer: “Why are you doing this when there is a line out the door?!”

Me: “Sir, I have to clean this puddle up for safety reasons. The last thing anyone would like to see is someone slipping on this puddle.”

(Aside from the fact that there are only a few people waiting in the line, there are two other baristas helping the customers.)

Customer: “Well, there is a line here, and I can’t believe you are doing this crap! I need to catch the train in a few minutes!”

(I decide that escalating the issue is not worth the effort. I place a wet floor sign on the puddle and proceed to bring down the line. After the unruly customer gets his beverage, he turns around and steps into the puddle. Lo and behold, he comes crashing down to the floor. He gets up and storms up to me with a furious expression.)

Customer: *fuming* “What the h*** is this?! Why would you leave a dangerous puddle of water on the floor like that? That puddle could have killed me! I’m going to sue for this!”

Me: “Sir, if you can remember, I was in the process of cleaning that before you demanded that the line be brought down quicker. Also, there was a wet floor sign out there clearly stating the hazard.”

Customer: “I want to speak to the manager of this place! It’s manned by incompetent idiots!”

Me: *with a pleasant smile* “Hi! My name is [My Name] and I am the manager on duty. How can I help you?”

(After staring at me for a couple of seconds, he attempts to mutter something but turns around and scurries out of the store.)


This story is part of the Customers Suffering The Consequences Of Their Own Actions roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 True Stories About Scammers Who Failed Miserably!

 

Read the first story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!