Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Bad Managers A Pizza Your Mind

| Working | October 1, 2012

(I worked a high school summer job at a place that emphasizes fast carry out. Our official corporate policy is to discard pizzas after 30 minutes. However, our manager always wants us to disobey this rule.)

Me: “Hey, these pizzas have been in the heat box since open. I’m going to toss them.”

Manager: “No! You need to sell them!”

Me:  “Look, they’re like five hours old. They’re burned from being in the hot box for hours. No one can eat that.”

Manager: “Just do what I say. Give it to the next customer.”

(A customer comes with his two little kids, who seem really excited about getting pizza. I can tell this family is really poor and a $5 pizza is a big deal. I just can’t do it.)

Me: “Hey, do me a favor and look at this pizza before you take it.” *shows him the burned pizza*

Customer: “Yeah, can I have a different one?”

Me: “Of course.”

(I toss out the ruined pizza and give him a new one. My manager sees this and gets angry.)

Manager: “I told you to sell that one!”

Me: “No way. I can’t rip people off like that. I quit!”

(I wrote a letter to the owner. When I came back to pick up my last check, I found out that my manager had been fired!)


This story is featured in our “I Quit!” roundup!

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!