Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gives New Meaning To Turn-Down Service

| Right | May 6, 2014

(Three teenagers, two guys and girl, reserve a room together. Our motel has a policy of only 18 and over, so they barely reach that. Two are boyfriend and girlfriend, and the other boy is the boyfriend’s friend. The girlfriend and the friend sneak in the room together, and later the boyfriend comes up to my counter.)

Boyfriend: “My key is not working. I tried it a million times!”

Me: “Sir, your key is not working because the people in there have thrown the deadbolt. Therefore, the key will not work unless they open. It’s for the guests’ security.”

Boyfriend: “I wonder why they would do that?”

Me: *coughs* “I have no idea. Have you tried their phone?”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, and they won’t pick up!”

Me: “Hmmm…”

Boyfriend: “Maybe you could call their room?”

(I do so and get no answer. The customer gets even more agitated.)

Boyfriend: “This is f****** ridiculous, man! I just wanna get into my f****** room, man!”

Me: “The only thing we can do is go there and knock to see if they will answer.”

Boyfriend: “Fine! F**k!”

(Even though I’m not supposed to leave the front desk, the room is not far and I figure only to be away for a minute or so. We go and I knock gently on the door.)

Me: *calling* “Hello? Anyone there?”

(Inside, I can hear someone moving around and a radio being turned off.)

Boyfriend: “HELLO? YO, MAN! IT’S ME, MAN! OPEN UP! I CAN’T GET INSIDE WITHOUT YOU F****** OPENING, MAN!” *bangs on door really loudly*

(He continues yelling despite me trying to hush him because of disturbing the other guests. The room next door opens and a angry old man glares at us.)

Old Man: “Shut up! I’m trying to sleep!”

(The boyfriend ignores him and continues yelling at his friend to open up. Finally, the door opens. Inside I catch a glimpse of the girl and the friend in varying states of undress, staring at us like deer in headlights. I leave quickly, knowing this’ll get ugly soon.)

Boyfriend: “HEY, MAN! YOU TWO WERE F******?! WHAT THE H***, MAN!”

(The next day, a very red faced girl checks out with her new boyfriend — the friend, and we get multiple, angry complaints from the angry old man and others about their fighting. The following day, we changed the policy to 21 years and older.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!