Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Given The Technology To Be Fabulous

| Learning | February 10, 2017

(It’s the very first lecture. The professor starts by stepping up to the podium, which is on a little stage, and getting out his notes. He’s having some trouble with the microphone.)

Professor: “Can you hear me?” *taps the microphone*

Students: “No, it’s too quiet.”

(This goes back and forth a few times, before some guy steps up to help. The microphone just isn’t working for our professor, as his voice is a little too high pitched to resonate correctly, so he gets a headset.)

Professor: “Oh, I like this! As you can see, my name is [Professor] and I’m NOT a technological genius.”

(Students start to clap, and he bows and curtsies.)

Professor: “This is much better. I was told that if I stand by the podium, I’ll have my shoulder and back to this—“ *gestures to his right* “—part of the room, which admittedly is my best side.” *cue laughter from the students* “But now I can move *he leaps across the stage* “—and turn around—“ *he twirls* “—and generally be more engaging, so this is great!”

(He goes on to talk about what this class is about and such.)

Professor: “I love this subject. I’ve been teaching this since before some of you were even born. 24 years to be exact. Yes, I was five when I started.” *more laughter* “Actually, I was 25; you do the math. Yes, I know it’s hard to believe. I don’t even believe it myself sometimes!”

(We go on with the lecture, in which we talk about a sermon written in 1733, which he describes as a “fire-and-brimstone” sermon.)

Professor: “My lecture sounds very fire-and-brimstone right now. Actually, I would probably be a good fire-and-brimstone evangelist. Except for the fact that I’m gay and an atheist, though.”

(There were a lot of great and funny moments in this lecture. He even went as far as claiming he would be our funniest, craziest and favorite professor. Considering he’s fast-talking, confident, somewhat sassy, and with a good sense of humor and no filter, he definitely is!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!