Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Give One, Get One Free

, , , | Right | August 27, 2010

(I’m waiting in line after ordering a cheeseburger. Another customer is being particularly annoying.)

Server: “Your cheeseburger’s ready, sir. That’ll be £2.80.”

Me: *handing over money* “Thanks.”

Other Customer: “Hey! Why’s he getting his first? We were here first; that’s mine!”

Server: “He ordered a cheeseburger. They’re quicker to make than double bacon burgers. Yours will be done in a minute.”

Other Customer: “I want that one! That one is mine!”

(I nod to the server, and they hand the woman the burger.)

Other Customer: “This has got cheese in it! And no bacon! Are you trying to rip me off?!”

Server: “You said you wanted that one rather than what you ordered.”

Other Customer: “This is appalling! I’m going elsewhere. You can’t get your orders in the right order!” *slams cheeseburger on van shelf then walks off*

Server: *smiling, to me* “Would you like a free bacon burger with your cheeseburger?”


This story is part of the Impatient Customers roundup!

Read the next Impatient Customers roundup story!

Read the Impatient Customers roundup!


Did you find this story on our Burger Day roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to head back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!