Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Give Me Five!

, , , | Right | September 3, 2018

(Every once in a while, we will have a clearance sale on our tees. The prices will start at $5.00 and go up, and we have signs that are super specific that say that as well. Well, we know how much people read signs, right?)

Lady: “Okay, I think I’m ready to check out.”

(She puts down an armful of clearance shirts and waits for me to scan them. The items all ranged in prices five and up.)

Me: “Perfect, your total will be [price].”

Lady: “Excuse me? No, that’s wrong. The bin said that they are all five dollars.”

Me: “I’m sorry. That is incorrect. If you look at the sign, it says that the items in the bin are priced as marked and it starts at $5.00 and will go up depending on the date we got the item.”

Lady: “This is absolutely inappropriate. Your advertisement is a disappointment and you are deceiving me. I want to speak to your manager.”

Me: “I am the manager. And I can assure you that the items are $5.00 and up. I can show you the items that are five dollars. They will be marked as is.”

(I show her the items that are five dollars and she huffs and puffs and complains the whole way. Meanwhile there are people in line and I am the only one in the store at the time. I show her the items, she brings them up to the counter, and I ring them in for her, giving her the new total.)

Me: “Your total is [price].”

(The lady started screaming. I showed her the prices on the computer and how they matched in my computer. She stopped whining, looked at me, and huffed out of the store. She didn’t come back until five minutes to close and she ended up buying all the items that she had the first time around, the whole time muttering to herself.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!