Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Very Emojional About It

| Right | June 29, 2016

(I’m a employee at an Apple store. I overhear a coworker and a black customer in his 20s speaking.)

Customer: “You are all racists. Y’all have no respect.”

Coworker: “I’m very sorry you’ve had a negative experience, sir. What leads you to say that?”

Customer: “I got my phone a week ago and it’s a racist piece of s***.” *looks around and notices that there’s a couple with a kid nearby* “Excuse my language, I don’t mean to make a scene. I’m just a little PO’d.”

Coworker: “May I ask what’s wrong with the phone?”

Customer: “Look! It doesn’t have black people!”

(He gets out his phone and taps to the emoji keyboard.)

Customer: “They got Chinese, Middle Eastern, even Russian! But there ain’t any black emoji people!”

Coworker: “Yeah, I see what you mean… I completely understand why you’d be upset. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s anything we can do at this time.”

Customer: “Can’t y’all draw one and put it on the phone?”

Coworker: “Um… I don’t think that’s possible. Sorry, sir.”

Customer: “All right, sorry to bug you. Just thought it should come to y’all’s attention.”

(He made a good point!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!