Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting To The Sauce Of The Problem, Part 4

, , , , | Right | December 15, 2020

I have worked in this pizza place for years, and sometimes I look in on my coworkers to make sure they’re doing things right. During just such a time, I watch my coworker bag his delivery before I leave with my own. When I get back first, I happen to be right next to the phone when that driver’s delivery calls in.

Me: “Thanks for calling your local [Pizza Place]. This is [My Name]; how can I help you?”

Customer: “Your driver forgot my sauce! This always happens with you guys!”

Me: “Are you sure, ma’am? I thought—”

Customer: “OF COURSE, I’M SURE!”

Me: “Okay, ma’am, I’m terribly sorry. Were there supposed to be more than three? I don’t see anything on my computer for more than that.”

Customer: “No, there were none! That’s why I’m calling. You guys always do this to me!”

Me: “None? Ma’am, not to change the subject, but did you also get a drink?”

Customer: “Yes, and?”

Me: “It came in a bag, right? Did you look in the bag?”

Customer: “Of course, I did!”

Me: “I am so sorry, but for my sake, would you please double-check the bag? I did watch [Driver] put them there.”

Customer: *Long-suffering sigh* “Fine.”

I hear some plastic crinkling.

Customer: “Oh, here they are.”

Me: “I’m happy you got your sauces, ma’am. Anything else I can do?”

Customer: “No. Thank you.” *Click*

Related:
Getting To The Sauce Of The Problem, Part 3
Getting To The Sauce Of The Problem, Part 2
Getting To The Sauce Of The Problem

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!