Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting To The Out Source Of The Matter

, , , , , | Right | February 8, 2011

Me: “Hello, you have reached [Business Name]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Oh, thank God! I was just talking to some mush mouth who couldn’t speak English right at all. You shouldn’t outsource; do your employers outsource? People can’t understand you when you outsource.”

Me: “Well, I am sorry for that. How can I help you?”

Caller: “I want my password. That mush mouth changed it, and now I can’t log in.”

Me: “I am sorry, ma’am. May I have your ID and what you want your password to be?”

Caller: “Just change it back to what it was.”

Me: “Well, I apologize, but I can not do that. For security reasons we can not see a password, only set it to something else. I can set it to a default or anything you request.”

Caller: “Well, I am requesting the old password. Just fix it.”

Me: “I am sorry, ma’am, but it’s impossible for me to know.”

Caller: “Well, my internet knows. It tries to use the password. Just take it from that.”

Me: “I can not take a password from your browser. If your login was working, why did you call to change your password?”

Caller: “The news told me people can take that information and steal all your files, so I was worried.”

Me: “Ma’am, your information is safe, I assure you.”

Caller: “Then why can’t you just change my password back to ‘Password’?”

Me: “Your old password was ‘Password’?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!