Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting To The Garlic Sauce Of Her Problem, Part 2

, , , | Working | CREDIT: scampwild | September 10, 2020

I work at a tiny summer restaurant that’s closing for the season in a few days. This particular table that I am serving tonight has been here a couple of times this season, and one of the customers orders our basic halibut dish.

Halfway through her meal, I check back and she says:

Customer: “Ma’am, I’m sorry but this just… isn’t what I had last time. It used to come with rice and be really lemony and nice. The rice is so spicy tonight; did the chef change things?”

Me: “Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry it wasn’t what you were expecting. I didn’t hear about any changes and I’m not sure what he could have given you that would be spicy, but let me take it back and ask him!”

I take it back and explain it to the chef.

Chef: “I have no idea what you’re talking about; it’s the same as always.”

Me: “To be honest, dude, the rice… kind of doesn’t look very rice-y. Are you sure?”

Chef: “Yes.”

I took my mask off in the back and poked at the “rice” a bit. And then I realized that one of our staff, who is not a cook and has just been helping since our line cook quit, accidentally gave this woman a side of MINCED. RAW. GARLIC.

I had to go to the table and explain what happened while crying laughing, and fortunately, they thought it was funny, too!

Garlic Pilaf is now on our 86, “we’re all out of it” board.

Related:
Getting To The Garlic Sauce Of Her Problem


This story is part of our Garlic roundup!

Read the next Garlic roundup story!

Read the Garlic roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!