Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting The Booking Is A Bumpy Ride

| Right | December 9, 2014

(I work as a front desk agent at a hotel near very upper crust college. Parents’ weekend comes by, and all area hotels are long sold out. A man approaches my desk:)

Guest: “Hi, I have a reservation for Mr. and Mrs. [Name].”

Me: “Yes, you do.” *though I burn inside because this guest has used his Diamond status to bump another guest reservation out so he could get a room* “Let me check you in.”

Guest: “Thank you. And I also have a room for my parents, Mr. and Mrs. [Other Name].”

Me: “I’m sorry, but there is no reservation. And all area hotels are sold out.”

Guest: “What? This is not right. Let me see your computer.”

Me: “I cannot do that but I assure you there is no reservation.”

Guest: “D*** IT! WHAT IN THE H***!? I CAN NOT HAVE MY EIGHTY YEAR OLD PARENTS MISS THIS WEEKEND! GET THAT ROOM FOR ME!”

(Our manager arrives, and using his skill and access calls the Diamond Guest Service Number. He then turns back to the guest and tries to suppress a smile.)

Manager: “It seems you did make a reservation here for your parents.”

Guest: “Thank you! Finally, some intelligence.”

Manager: “However, per the agreed on policy for Diamond guests, you are only allowed one room reservation where you bump a previously reserved guest. Since you made your reservation after you made your parents’, you bumped them out.”

Guest: “Fine! I’ll take my business elsewhere.”

Manager: “Of course. But we will charge you for your room anyway as you did not cancel in the allotted time.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!