Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Shirty About The Shirt That’s Dirty

, , , , | Right | November 22, 2017

(I am greeting customers at a retail clothing store, welcoming them and asking if I can help them. I am not part of the management team; however, I am the most trusted employee working the sales floor. A customer walks in wearing one of our dress shirts that is currently on sale for 25% off.)

Me: “Hey, welcome to [Store]! Is there anything I can help you find today? Those shirts are still on sale if you want to get another.”

Customer: “Actually, this shirt is too big on me. I didn’t try it on until I got home, and whenever I bend even a little bit it gapes open at the front. I want to exchange it for one a size down.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. We only accept returns and exchanges on unworn clothing, with a receipt and with the tag still attached.”

Customer: “But I only bought it two days ago, and I’ve just worn it today! I didn’t notice how big it was until I went out to the store.”

Me: “Ma’am, I am very sorry; however, I have explained our return policy to you. Would you enjoy buying a shirt another customer has returned because they decided it was the wrong size, after wearing it for several hours?”

Customer: “I guess I’m never shopping here again.”

Me: *internally* “YAY!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!