Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Seriously Cheesed Off, Part 2

| Working | December 29, 2016

(I was a poor college student at this time and accounted for every penny. I was just getting off of work and had got into the habit of going to a popular taco place about twice a week for dinner. I always went to the same one, ordered the same thing and had the money ready before I even drove up to the menu.)

Drive-Thru: “Welcome to [Taco Place]. Place your order whenever you are ready.”

Me: “Hello, could I please have a chicken quesadilla and an order of rice and cheese?”

Drive-Thru: “Okay, that will be—” *amount higher than what I have been paying for past few months*

(I look at the items I ordered on the menu to see if the prices changed but they hadn’t. I decided to go ahead and drive up to the window. The gentleman at the window is someone I have never seen working there before, and he is in a dress shirt with a tie – so I assume he must be management.)

Me: “I am sorry, but my order is usually [price] so I was just wondering why it’s more than usual.”

Drive-Thru: *in a condescending tone* “Well, you have to pay taxes. Your quesadilla is about $3 and the rice plus the cheese is about $1; add tax and that is your total.”

Me: “Oh, but the rice already comes with cheese. I didn’t request extra cheese.”

Drive Thru: “Look, you order is a quesadilla and an order of rice with cheese.

Me: “Right, so it should be [amount].”

Drive Thru: “Our prices don’t include tax!”

(I gave up and scramble for more money. I was hungry, tired and the line of cars was getting long behind me. I made sure I got my receipt and I checked it when I got home. Sure enough, it had my regular order with an additional line that read “+ cheese $0.50” and there wasn’t even extra cheese on my rice.)

Related:
Seriously Cheesed Off

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!