Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Right To The Point

, , , | Right | October 15, 2020

A young European-looking man in his late twenties approaches us immediately after entering the store.

Customer: “Hello! Do you have any swords?”

Me: “Of course! Here’s a few; let me know if you have any questions.”

Customer: “Do you know why the end of the sword is flat?”

Me: “Uh…”

Customer: “Not many people know this. But it’s so you can hammer it into the ground to harness the Earth’s power. It takes all the electrical energy from the ground. And see that curved bladed knife? It goes behind your ear, actually. It’s to help transfer the power to you.”

Me: “Oh, really now?”

Customer: “Oh, yes. I am writing a book about it!”

Me: “How about we look at this copper jewelry?”

I lead him away from the pointy objects.

Me: “Surely you’re interested in the healing properties of metal, yes?”

I’m just playing into what he’s been telling me. After looking around for a bit, he talks to me again.

Customer: “I’d like to see that ear cuff.”

Me: “The Native American child’s bracelet?”

Customer: *Cutting me off* “ACTUALLY, it’s an ear cuff, but not that many people know that.”

Me: “Okay… Hey, boss, how much is the… er… ear cuff?”

Customer: “I love that you called it an ear cuff!”

Boss: *Looks quizzically* “$20?”

The customer hands us $20, puts the “ear cuff” on his ear under his hat, and walks out.

A customer observing nearby speaks up.

Customer #2:Muy especial…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!