Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 16

, , , , | Right | August 2, 2021

I’m the manager of an independent supermarket in outback Australia. We are the only proper supermarket within 100 kms. The original owner has passed away and his family has sold the supermarket. It has not been made known publicly who the new owners are.

The day the new owners take over, a woman whose family owns a large cattle station comes in. She is known to be extremely rude and has made many workers cry and more than one quit. The original owner refused to ban her as she would spend several thousand dollars once or twice a month. She often comes in and demands that we do her shopping for her, which is a service we do not offer. The problem is that the list she leaves will have things like “bread” written. Not what type, just “bread.” No matter if the same one is given as the previous time, it is always wrong and she causes a huge scene.

I’m serving a customer at the service desk and cigarette counter when she interrupts.

Rude Customer: “You!” *Snaps her fingers in my face* “This needs to be done. I’ll be back in an hour and it had better be right this time.”

Me: *To the original customer* “Please excuse me for a minute.” *To the rude customer* “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but personal shopping is not a service we offer.”

Rude Customer: “I don’t care. You need to do what I say. Now get to it. I don’t have time to deal with idiots like you.”

Me: “Ma’am, I am not your slave. You have interrupted the customer I am serving, and quite frankly, I’m sick of the way you treat me and my staff. You need to apologize and learn some manners or find somewhere else to do your shopping.”

Rude Customer: “Listen here, you little s***. You do as I say, or I’ll have your job!”

Me: “Ma’am, you need to leave. You can come back when you’ve learnt some manners and are ready to apologize or you can shop elsewhere.”

Rude Customer: *Yelling* “I’ll have your job for this, you stupid piece of s***! I’m very good friends with the new owners and I’ll make sure you’re fired. I’ll make sure my groceries come out of your pay! You’ll regret ever crossing me, you stupid slut!”

One of the new owners who has heard everything comes out from the back.

New Owner: “Is there a problem here?”

Me: “This woman has caused many problems in the past and is now causing a scene. I’m banning her.”

Rude Customer: “Who the f*** are you? I’ll have everyone in this s***hole fired!”

New Owner: “Ma’am, you need to leave before I call the police and have you trespassed. You are no longer welcome here.”

Rude Customer: “F*** you! You have no idea who I am! I’m calling the owners and having you both fired!”

Me: “No need to call them; you’re already talking to them. You have been asked by both owners to leave. Now, I suggest you do and stop making a bigger idiot of yourself than you already are.”

She stands there for a minute turning several interesting shades of red before storming out.

New Owner: “Is that the woman you told me about?”

Me: *Slowly calming down* “Yes, and man, that felt good.” *To the original customer* “Sir, I am so sorry for that.”

Customer: “Heck, you have nothing to apologize for. What a b****. That was the best thing I’ve seen in years. I feel like I should be paying for the show! Thank God you guys won’t put up with the crap some people around here try to pull.”

A few days later, the rude woman’s husband came in and apologized for her behaviour. We agreed to allow anyone from their station but her to shop with us, but if she sets foot back in our store, the police will be called. I love being my own boss!

Related:
Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 15
Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 14
Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 13
Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 12
Getting Owned By The Owner, Part 11


This story is part of our Best Of August 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of August 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of August 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!