Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Lost In The Amazon

, , , | Right | July 10, 2020

Me: “Hello, thanks for calling [Store]. This is [My Name] in the book department. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Hi. I’m looking for a book but I don’t remember the title. I saw it in your store last week.”

Me: “Do you remember the author’s name?”

The caller can’t remember specifically, but she gives me a few similar-sounding names that might be the author.

Me: “Do you remember what the book was about?”

Caller: “It was about the grieving process. I saw it in your self-help and psychology section.”

Me: “Okay. I’m searching the computer, but I have a lot of results. We’ll need to narrow it down somehow.”

I list several titles in case that jogs the caller’s memory, but nothing stands out.

Caller: “Could you go look on your shelves?”

Me: “Sure, if you don’t mind me putting you on hold for a few minutes.”

I search the self-help section, and after a few minutes, I find a book that looks promising.

Me: “Thank you for waiting. Is the book you’re looking for called [Title] by [Author]?”

Caller: “Yes! That’s it! I’m so glad you found it!”

Me: “Well, you’re lucky. It’s our last one in stock.”

Caller: “How much is it?”

Me: “$14.99. If I can have your name, I can put it on hold for you. Would you like to pay for it over the phone or in person when you come in?”

Caller: “Oh, that won’t be necessary.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Caller: “I just wanted to know the title so I could buy it on Amazon. Your prices are way too high. Thanks for looking it up, sweetheart!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!