Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Into Her Good Books

| Right | March 19, 2013

(I am checking out a friendly, talkative lady. We discover we both are avid readers, and discuss the pros and cons of e-readers. I offer her a free internet code to download a book onto her e-reader, just because she’s being so nice.)

Customer: “Is it okay to leave my bags here for an hour or two?”

Me: “Of course! Leave them for as long as you like.”

Customer: “Thanks!”

(She comes back later, and drops a very expensive new release book on the counter.)

Me: “Sorry, I don’t understand?”

Customer: “It’s for you! I’ve finished it already. I don’t have the space to take it back. Besides, after the internet code, I have a book to read on the plane anyway!”

Me: “Oh! This is really just too kind. I couldn’t!”

Customer: “Nonsense! Thank you so much for your help this morning. I remembered you said how much you loved a real book, so here you are. Have a wonderful day!”

(It wasn’t the gift that choked me up. It was the fact she had actually listened and paid attention to our conversations that was so heart warming. Thank you lovely lady!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!