Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting His Hoses In A Twist

, , , | Right | November 25, 2021

Me: “[Company], this is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Caller: *Angrily* “SPEAK LOUDER!”

Me: *Louder* “Is that better? How can I help?”

Caller: *Aggressively barks out an order number* “I ordered four of these hoses yesterday, or at least I thought I did, but apparently, it was too much for you people to handle because I only got one this morning when my [Parcel Service #1] guy came by. Why you only sent me one, I don’t know, but I need four of them, so I guess I’ll need to order the ones that you couldn’t be bothered to send me yesterday.”

While he is ranting, I review the order. He had indeed ordered four hoses, but we didn’t have four in stock in one location. One shipped from one distribution center, and the other three shipped from another. The tracking number shows the second package is out for delivery later today. I also see that he declined to give us an email address to send a confirmation or tracking information.

Me: “I’m sorry for the confusion, sir. But it does look like the other three hoses on the order went out with [Parcel Service #2] and should be delivered this afternoon.”

Caller: “HOW THE H*** WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?!” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!