Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Cut Down To Size

| Working | November 23, 2012

(When I was young, I was attacked by a dog which has left a noticeable scar down from my right eye that curves along my jaw. Having had to live with it for years, I have gotten used to the looks and questions, but it can still be a sore spot to me. For the first time in my life, I’m going to a salon to get my hair professionally cut.)

Stylist #1: “Oh, wow! Look at all that pretty hair of yours! I’m going to have fun with you.”

(I notice her enthusiasm dies a bit when she notices my scar, but I don’t think much of it. She sits me down and starts trimming my hair. Everything is going fine until…)

Stylist #1: “Okay now. We’re going to cut it this short.”

Me: “Oh, no, I don’t want it that short please. Just to my shoulder blades.”

Stylist #1: “You would look much better with shorter hair. You can’t… cover anything with long hair like this.”

Me: “Ma’am, I really just want it to my shoulder blades. I don’t need or want to cover anything.”

Stylist #1: “Well, you should! If it was ME I would. I mean, no one would blame you if you did.” *mumbles* “You’re not proving anything by not hiding that ugly thing.”

(By this time I’m very upset and stand up out of my seat to leave. Seeing this, another stylist speaks up.)

Stylist #2: “[Stylist #1], you need to leave.”

Stylist #1: “What? Why?!”

Stylist #2: “Because I was told to send you home next time you were rude to ANY clients, and you were unbelievably rude to her. I can’t believe you.”

Stylist #1: “I was not! I’m not leaving! It’s not my fault if she doesn’t want her hair cut that short!”

Stylist #2: “You really don’t get it? You know what? Call [boss], tell him what I said, and see what happens.”

(As Stylist #1 stomps off, Stylist #2 sits me down and finishes my hair cut. The next time I came back, I found out she had been fired for plenty of accounts of being rude to people. Stylist #2 is now a good friend and my regular stylist!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!