Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Cash Back Flack

| Working | March 8, 2016

(My friend and I decided to buy another friend of ours a gift card for his birthday. We go to the grocery store where my first friend works so he can pick up some groceries as well. We do a split tender transaction for the gift card, my friend having only his card with him. I’m also shuttling him around so he needed to give me gas money.)

Employee: “That’ll be $50.”

Me: “We’re doing split tender.” *looks in wallet* “Sorry, I don’t have a five.” *gives her $30*

Employee: *looks a little unsure* “Okay, so it’s $25.”

(The employee types it in before my friend swipes his card and puts in cash back. The employee sees that he requested cash back and now looks very confused.)

Employee: “So wait, you’re getting cash back?”

Friend: “Yes, I need to give her gas money.”

Employee: “Uhh…” *presses the help button*

(We apologize to the people waiting behind us that this’ll take a while, as the line has started to become backed up. While we wait for someone my friend and I whisper to each other.)

Friend: “It’s not that hard; she just needs to give you $5 and me $10.”

Me: “Yeah, but split transactions can be confusing for some people.”

(After a while, another employee comes over and talks to the woman who called him over. After about a minute, the called over employee walks away and the woman FINALLY gives us the $15 after we told them how much we were owed.)

Employee: “Sorry, I had to make sure my till wouldn’t be short after this.”

(We sigh and walk away.)

Friend: “Sorry about that. Every time go through her line, she always seems to have a bad attitude and bags too quickly. She makes people wait because of this.”

Me: “Is that why you were bagging your groceries as if you were on shift?”

Friend: “Yeah…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!