Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting All Hancocked Over A Benjamin, Part 2

| Right | January 2, 2014

(I am a manager working the concession stand at a theater attached to a hotel/casino.)

Cashier: *over radio* “Manager to register two.”

(I head over. The cashier has a customer at her station who looks angry.)

Me: “What can I do for you?”

Customer: “Yeah, this b**** stole my money! I paid with a hundred and she only gave me change for a fifty! I want my f****** money back!”

Me: “All right. Did you see what she did with the bill?”

Customer: “Yeah! She put it below the counter!”

(We are only allowed to keep bills $10 and smaller in the till itself. All larger bills go into a lockbox right below the cash register. I walk behind the desk and point to the lockbox.)

Me: “She put it in here?”

Customer: “Yeah! Now give me the rest of my money!”

(I unlock the lockbox and remove it from its position, placing it on the counter in front of the customer. I then open it to reveal three $20 bills, and one $50 bill, which is the last bill deposited.)

Me: “Well, sir, it looks like the last bill deposited was a fifty. Is it possible you simply forgot which bill you paid with?”

(At this point, I know he’s lying. The cashier is one of my best employees, and the evidence is stacked against him.)

Customer: “NO! I PAID WITH A F****** HUNDRED! I WANT MY F****** MONEY!”

Me: “All right, sir. If you’re that adamant, I’ll call the casino’s security.”

Customer: “Good!”

Me: “I just don’t like calling them. They’re so harsh about fraud. I mean, they drag people into the back room just for TRYING…”

(The color drains out of the customer’s face.)

Customer: “That… That’s a myth…”

Me: “I wish it were, sir. I wish it were. Let’s call them.”

(I pull my radio up, but he stops me.)

Customer: “You know what; it’s not worth the hassle.” *to the cashier* “Enjoy the tip, b****.”

(The customer stormed off as fast as he could towards his theater.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!