Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting A Little Heated

, , , , , | Working | CREDIT: TylPlas26 | August 1, 2022

This happened maybe two or three years ago. Where I used to work, we had a set of double doors at the back of the store that was used for unloading trucks. About three feet from the doors was our store’s AC/Heater unit.

One of our trucks was running late, and when it arrived, we all stood anxiously at the back, waiting for him to back in so we could start unloading. I remember watching him out the back door as he made fifteen different attempts to line up his trailer. I gave up watching him because it was winter, and I was letting cold air in.

Suddenly, we all heard this loud crash from both outside and in the vents. I ran out the back door and looked to see that the driver had driven right into the heater unit, crushing the air intake and buckling the area around it. It basically made the unit useless, and it was the middle of winter, so we were without heat now.

The driver came out and inspected the damage.

Driver: *To my boss, angrily* “There should be bumpers!”

Boss: “In the thirty years that this store and heater have been here, not one driver has ever hit them.”

The driver was quiet after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!