Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting A Grilling From The Mother At The Grill

, , , | Right | June 22, 2021

I’m eating at a sushi restaurant that has “sushi” in its name. A family of five come in: Grandma, dad, mom, teenage girl, and an eight-ish boy. They have to wait a little longer because they want to sit at one of those grills where they cook your meal in front of you.

The chef comes by, starts prepping and the kid goes berserk: bawling, kicking, snotting, the works. For a moment I thought he had burned a hand or something because he’d been hopping on his chair with no supervision despite the grill clearly being on and hot. The chef looks kinda uncomfortable and it takes the mom a few minutes (and the whole restaurant staring at them) before she even acknowledges the kid, while the rest of the family doesn’t even bother.

Mom: “What’s wrong?”

Boy: *Screaming.* “There are no burgers and fries on the menu!”

Mom: *To Chef:* “You can make my kid a burger. Should be easy as the grill is right here.”

Chef: *Politely.* “That isn’t possible, ma’am. You can only order from the menu.”

Mom: “You can do it, you just don’t want to.”

Chef: “We don’t have it on the menu, we don’t have the ingredients, I can’t just make it.”

Mom: “Well, if you wanted to give a good service, you’d offer to go buy the stuff. There’s a store down the hall.”

This goes on for quite a while, with the kid bawling all the time and the mother yelling. The rest of the family just keeps on eating, like it isn’t their business. I finished my meal and as it’s so unbearable (with all the screaming) I just pay my bill and leave.

The waitress just apologized. I felt so sorry for the restaurant’s staff.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!