Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Get The Independent Jeans

| Right | December 27, 2012

(A young girl drives a cart load of her younger sister and some clothing to my register. I always hate to begin checking children out without their parents present. This girl appears to be about seven years old, and the younger sister is three. The seven year old begins to grab items out of the buggy when she realizes that her sister is stepping on some of her items. She begins fussing at her sister as if she is her mother.)

Seven year old: *to her sister* “I done told you not to be standing on my stuff. Get out of this buggy, little girl!”

Me: “Let’s wait to check you out until mom is ready okay, sweetie?”

Seven year old: “She’s ready!” *yells to her mother, who is still shopping* “Let’s go!”

Mom: “Okay, I’m ready!”

(I begin scanning her items and come upon a pair of jeans that is on sale.)

Me: *to the mom* “This pair of jeans is part of our ‘Buy One, Get One’ offer. If you’re interested in a second pair, it’ll only cost you a dollar extra.”

Mom: “Well honey, go grab another pair real quick!”

Seven year old: “Ugh, you go do it!” *throws the pair of jeans at her mother*

Mom: “Okay, what kind do you want? Something similar or a diff—”

Seven year old: “Oh, forget it! I’ll do it because you will take forever!”

(She snatches the jeans from her mother and storms off, as dramatically as only a child can manage.)

Me: “How old is she?”

Mom: “Oh, she’s seven. She’s just so independent. She’s something else isn’t she?”

Me: “Absolutely, ma’am!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!