Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gave Him More Than He Could Chew

| Working | June 11, 2015

(My uncle is the customer in this story. He lives in a large city in Mexico. On the corner of the street there is a small, family-owned convenience store. In Mexico, the smallest coin is .50 cents, the usual cost for a small packet of gum. Most of these stores give out packets of gum when they do not have change; of course, they usually ask if this is ok.)

Uncle: “I’ll take a quart of milk, please.”

Cashier: “That’ll be $11.50.”

Uncle: *hands cashier $12*

Cashier: *takes money gives back a packet of gum as change*

(The following day:)

Uncle: “I’ll take a kilo of eggs, a quart of milk, and a loaf of bread.”

Cashier: “That’ll be $62.50.”

Uncle: *hands cashier $65*

Cashier: *takes money and gives back $2 and a packets of gum as change*

(This happens for several occasions. The cashier would give him back packets of gum as change whenever there was a .50 cent difference. Then one day…)

Uncle: “I’ll take a quart of milk, please.”

Cashier: “That’ll be $11.50.”

Uncle: *takes $11.50 worth of packets of gum, and hands them to the cashier*

Cashier: *stares at him blankly*

Uncle: *takes milk and walks away*

(After that whenever my uncle went back into the store and bought something, the cashier would always give him his exact change. No more packets of gum!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!