Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ganging Up On You

| Learning | May 14, 2016

(I am walking down the main hallway at my high school. I am wearing a bandanna on my head as I am having a bad hair day. I had worn them many times over the years in the past at that school. The bandanna in question was white with giant pink smiley faces all over it, and there is little-to-no gang violence in my town.)

Vice Principal: “Come here!”

Me: “What’s wrong?”

Vice Principal: “You can’t wear that!” *gestures vaguely towards my head*

Me: “Can’t wear what?” *reaches up towards my head, feels the bandanna that I’d forgotten about by that time* “Oh, this?” *surprised* “Why not?!”

Vice Principal: “Yes, that! Take it off! It is GANG related!”

Me: *looks at her in disbelief* “But… I’ve worn bandannas before and no one said anything. And it has smiley faces all over it…”

Vice Principal: *in a very scandalized tone* “Take it off, now! You can’t wear something related to gangs in school!”

Me: “Um, okay…” *takes it off reluctantly, since I know my hair is going to be a rat’s nest after wearing it all day*

Vice Principal: “Good. Don’t ever wear one of those again! It’s gang-related!” *leaves me standing there and disappears into the office*

(I continue to my locker and tell my friend what happened, showing her the bandanna in question.)

Friend: “Seriously?! What gang are you part of, the ‘Super Happy Smiley’ gang?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!