Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fur-bal Abuse

| Right | March 24, 2017

(I work in an outlet of a very high-end retail store. Most customers are looking to save a little money on expensive clothing and shoes, but some people don’t understand the concept of “outlet.” I am working in the coat section.)

Customer: “Excuse me, do you work here?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, how can I help you?”

(She holds up a $500 coat.)

Customer: “Why is everything here so cheap? Where are your good fur coats?”

Me: *indicating the rack with furs on it* “All our furs are right here, ma’am. Are you looking for a particular designer?”

Customer: *wrinkling her nose* “No, these are too cheap looking. Where are the GOOD furs?”

Me: “All our furs are here, ma’am.”

Customer: “Ugh, why don’t you have any by [High End Designer]. I can get them at [Main Store in NYC]; why don’t you carry them?”

Me: “Well, we are an outlet and we don’t always carry the same brands. People come here expecting to save money so we don’t always have the most expensive things. ”

Customer: “That is ridiculous! I came here to find a specific coat and you don’t even HAVE it. All you have is this cheap s***!”

(She managed to push a rack of $600 coats onto the floor and stomped on them while I frantically radioed for a manager. She screamed about our store being cheap until she was escorted out by security. She damaged nearly $10,000 worth of merchandise.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!