Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Funny, That Thought Never Occurred To Me!

, , , , , , , | Healthy | October 7, 2022

When I was nearing the end of my second trimester of pregnancy, I was doing my usual workout and managed to pull the muscle in my groin. It hurt a decent amount, but I figured it would get better in a few days/weeks. It didn’t. I was starting to gain weight rapidly as I progressed through the third trimester. I did groin stretches several times a day, which did help, but the building weight on weaker muscles exacerbated the injury, so recovery was… poor. This was in 2021, so heaven help anyone trying to get an appointment with their general doctor.

Finally, the baby was born, and at last, my injury seemed to start healing properly — but slowly because it had been so long. The baby continued to gain weight (and obviously needed to be carried around!), further exacerbating the weakened muscles.

We went to the GP for our routine eight-week baby check, and I described my problem to the doctor.

She told me to take painkillers, and if it was still hurting, I should make an appointment.

To see a doctor.

That I was currently talking to.

During an appointment.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!