Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fully Booked, Literally

, , | Right | January 28, 2012

(An older gentleman comes in. I get his ID and other information and begin the check-in process. After I’ve entered everything and tell him that the total is ~$90, he shows me a coupon in a book that he was hiding behind his back.)

Customer: “I’d like to use the coupon in this book to get the room for $57.99.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we have a limited number of rooms we are able to sell at that rate. Do you happen to be a member of AAA or AARP?”

Customer: “No, and I want the room at this price! If you’re not going to give it to me for this price, don’t print it in the d*** book!”

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way, sir. I see you’ve never stayed with us before. I can give you a first-time discount, which would bring the price of the room down to $65.”

Customer: “You will give me the room for $57.99 like it says in the book! Get a real job! Loser kids…” *mumbles*

Me: “I’m a college student and I work full-time.”

Customer: “I don’t give a d***! F*** you!” *throws book at me*

(I duck just in time. The book hits the wall behind me.)

Me: “Have a great night, sir!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!