Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fruit Versus Bread: The Age-Old Struggle

, , , , | Working | January 30, 2023

I lost my job at a bakery because the owner’s wife saw me on my own time getting trained at a nearby fruit store. I came into the fruit store the next day for more training to learn that the owner of the bakery had come in and screamed at the fruit store’s owners in front of customers for stealing his staff, so I was sent over there to sort it out before I was allowed to train anymore.

[Bakery Owner] had been cutting my hours until I only had two shifts a week, which were both so short I didn’t even qualify for a fifteen-minute break and wasn’t earning enough to cover my travel costs. I’d planned on picking up extra shifts at the fruit store and then giving [Bakery Owner] notice.

I didn’t get much of a chance to explain; [Bakery Owner] gave away my remaining shifts and told me to bring in my uniform. I was glad to be out of there, frankly. Getting told off for taking too long because I was the only one who didn’t cut corners sucked.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!