Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Front Desk, Back Talk

, , | Right | October 4, 2019

Me: “Thank you for calling [Retailer]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, my stuff says it was delivered, but it isn’t here.”

(I check the tracking.)

Me: “Oh, I see here that the driver took it to the front desk receptionist. It should be waiting for you at your front desk.”

Customer: “I pay for this service; I spend thousands of dollars in your company!”

(She has made four orders, maybe reaching $150.)

Customer: “I paid for this to be delivered to me; you call that driver back and tell him to come back here and hand me my items!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I can’t call the driver as his information has already been removed from the order. The order was delivered to the address; they are currently sitting—” *gets cut off by yelling*

Customer: “I’m not walking down there to get this s***! I want a full refund and I will be reordering it; now get me my godd*** money back right the f*** now and put on there that I want this handed right to me!”

Me: *eye twitching as I am not paid enough to deal with this level of stupid self-entitlement* “Ma’am, I can’t do that. Your order was delivered as instructed.” *now notices she lives on the first floor, about twenty yards from the front desk* “The items are sitting at the front desk awaiting you to pick them up.”

Customer: “This is bulls***! You refund my d*** money and I will be reordering!” *click*

(My manager is passing by. I start laughing some and explain what happened.)

Manager: “Well, you did the right thing; it’s not your fault she’s too lazy to get up and walk to her front desk.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!