Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Free Karma With Purchase

, , , , | Right | September 5, 2011

(I have just clocked out. I am in the employee break room gathering my things to leave, when a customer comes barging in.)

Customer: “Excuse me! There is a line of fifty people out here! We need you to open your register!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m clocked out and don’t have a drawer in. I’m sorry, but she’s doing the best she can right now.”

Customer: “Well that’s just ridiculous! I need to get checked out!”

(The customer leaves the employee break room to go back in line and rant to her companion.)

Customer: “Can you believe it? She’s clocked out! This is ridiculous!”

(Upon seeing that there is in fact a longer line, I grab a drawer and open a register while still clocked out. After I check out five or so people, the woman comes back over, bags in hand.)

Customer: “Well, THANK YOU.”

(Another customer, who had been standing behind her the whole time, approaches me with a smile.)

Another Customer: “I’m currently disabled and don’t have my crutches, so standing is excruciating, but I’m going to take my time. I’m blocking that b**** in, and I want to make her wait!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!