Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fowl About The Chicken

| Right | February 5, 2013

(I’m in the food court of the mall standing in line to get something from one of the food stalls there, one of only two known to serve chicken exclusively. There is a customer in front of me with a meal box from the other stall.)

Cashier #1: *to the customer* “Hi, welcome to [restaurant’s name]! How may I help you?”

Customer: “You idiots screwed up my order!” *thrusts box out at the cashier* “I’m supposed to get fries and coleslaw with this meal but I only have chicken and bread!”

(He sees the box but begins stammering, trying not to upset her by telling her she’s not at the right stall.)

Cashier #1: “I’m so sorry ma’am, but… well…”

Customer: “Fix it! I want my fries and slaw!”

Cashier #2: “Ma’am, the box you’re holding has [other restaurant’s name] on it.”

Customer: “I know that!”

Cashier #2: “Would you mind taking a step back and reading the sign above our stall?”

(The customer steps back, almost hitting me, and reads out loud the restaurant’s name.)

Customer: “And? What’s all this for? Fix my order!”

Cashier #2: “Ma’am, you’re at the wrong restaurant. [Other restaurant’s name] is across the food court. They can fix your order.”

(By now everyone in line, including me, is waiting to see if she’ll apologize for getting them mixed up.)

Customer: “You’re all useless!” *stomps off with her food*

Cashier #1: “I tried to be nice, I really did…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!