Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Four Scorecards And Several Years Ago

| Romantic | May 6, 2013

(A recent college graduate has moved to a new town for a job opportunity. One of his coworkers asks him to join the rest of his work crew for an end-of-summer party. He decides to visit, and while he is there, he notices a woman a few years his senior mowing the lawn next door.)

Man: “Seems like her husband is a lucky guy! Where I come from, you rarely see women mowing the lawn.”

Coworker: “Actually, she lives on her own. I think she dated once or twice, but not successfully.”

Man: “Oh, really?”

Coworker: “Yeah. It’s a shame, because she’s a nice person. Not many men are willing to look for an older woman, especially with her interests.”

Man: “Like what?”

(The woman finishes mowing the lawn, and starts to put her equipment in the shed. Meanwhile, the radio in the background announces a home run for the popular baseball team in the area.)

Woman: “Yahoo! We’re in the lead!”

(She grabs a nearby scorecard on the patio to update the progress. The man comes over to her fence.)

Man: “You keep baseball scorecards?”

Woman: “I’ve been doing it since my father taught me; why stop now?”

Man: “No reason! I was, um, just wondering how you mark the card, is all…”

(It turns out that the two of them had many things in common. Over 30 years later, my parents still happily watch baseball, and keep scorecards together. However, someone other than my mother mows the lawn!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!