Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fostering New Feelings Towards Cats

, , | Working | June 29, 2015

(I’m not sure if I want a cat, so I decide to foster one first. The lady who runs the cat rescue sends me a cat who is very sweet but half-feral.)

Lady: “How’s [Cat] doing?”

Me: “Oh, she’s great! Very energetic.”

Lady: “That’s great. Listen, I’ll need you to bring her to [Pet Store] so that we can show her around to potential adopters.”

Me: “All right!”

(I hang up and get the cat carrier out. The cat takes one look at it, seems to realize what I’m doing, and hides under the bed. Nothing I do makes her come out. After hours of trying, my phone rings.)

Lady: “Where are you?!”

Me: “I, uh, don’t know how to say this, but the cat has hidden under my bed and won’t come out! I don’t know what to do!”

Lady: *sighs* “Hang on, I’ll be right there.”

(The lady arrives after a few minutes and I show her where the cat is hiding. The cat hisses loudly when the lady tries to drag her out, and then lets out this horrible scream that makes my ears ring.)

Lady: “Yowch!”

Me: “Are you okay?! You’re bleeding!”

Lady: “She… got me good. All right, you don’t need to bring her.”

(The lady left before I could offer her a bandage. The cat calmed down and was back to her sweet self again. Still, I was happy when she was adopted by someone else and decided that cats are not for me!)


This story is part of our Animal Shelter Roundup!

Read the next Animal Shelter Roundup story!

Read the Animal Shelter roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!