Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Forgetting Their Phones Ad Museum

| Related | March 2, 2017

(I’m visiting my parents for the summer, and while sitting in my bed reading, I get a message from my sister-in-law. While she is traveling for work, my brother is in London with an old friend of his.)

Sister-In-Law: “Hey, [My Name], do you have the number for [Friend my brother is traveling with]?”

Me: “No, but I can look it up for you. Why do you need it?”

Sister-In-Law: “[Brother] left his phone in a museum.”

(She describes how she called my brother, only to have a museum worker pick up and explain the situation. I pull up the friend’s number, but as SIL is about to board a plane, I end up making the call.)

Me: “Hey, [Friend], it’s [My Name]. Do you have my brother nearby? I’d like to speak to him.”

Friend: *slightly confused* “Yeah, just a sec.” *in the background* “Hey, [Brother], it’s your sister.”

Brother: “Hello?”

Me: “I just received an amusing message. Would you like to know where your phone is?”

Brother: “What?” *I hear some ruffling in the background* “Wait, where’s my phone? I lost my phone?”

Me: “Been to any good museums lately? Maybe worth a second visit?”

(I repeat what Sister-In-Law told me, and he thanks me before hanging up. I update Sister-In-Law on the situation before going downstairs to tell the story to my parents.)

Dad: “That boy is so forgetful sometimes…”

Me: “At least he didn’t leave it on a bus his first day of vacation in Egypt during the start of the revolution and not make contact with us for three days, like [Other Brother] did.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!