Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Forget To Drink To Forget

| Right | April 14, 2014

(I’m bartending at a wedding and the bar is quiet. A father approaches the bar with his newly 18-year-old daughter.)

Father: “I’ll have a pint of Guinness, please.”

Me: “Certainly, sir. Is there anything else I can get you?”

Father: “Do you want anything, [Daughter]?”

Daughter: “Oh, I’ll just have some water, please.”

Father: “Are you sure? You’re allowed alcohol now, remember!”

Daughter: *face lights up* “Oh, yeah! Uhm…” *falls silent for about five seconds* “What do you have?”

(I motion to the wide range of alcoholic beverages behind me.)

Me: “Whatever you fancy, ma’am.”

Daughter: “Uhm… I don’t know! What do I want?”

(Her father says nothing, so I presume the question is to me.)

Me: “Well, what do you normally drink? We have a very wide range of spirits behind me, cold beer on tap in front of you, and several ciders and ales in the fridges that I can list if you’d like.”

Daughter: “Uhm, can I have a rum and Coke?”

Me: “Of course, ma’am! Light or dark rum?”

Daughter: “Uhm… Do you have Barcardi?”

Me: “Coming right up!”

(I make her Barcardi and Coke and pour the father his Guinness before taking payment. As the daughter walks away, the father sighs.)

Father: “I’m very sorry about that! Sometimes I wonder if she’s all there!”

(He then walks away without his Guinness, returning a minute or so later to collect it with a sheepish look on his face!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!