Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

For You, We’re Always Closed, Part 3

| Right | January 17, 2014

Me: “Customer service. How may I direct your call?”

Customer: “Is this [Hardware Store]?”

(I’m slightly confused, as to call the store you have to go through a menu and press certain numbers to actually get customer service, so it should be very clear that we are [Hardware Store].)

Me: “Yes, Ma’am.”

Customer: “Oh. Well, your automatic thingy didn’t say so!”

Me: “Oh, um… okay. Is there anything I can help you with?”

Customer: “Yes! I was really surprised to hear you’re closed on Thanksgiving!”

Me: “Yes, Ma’am. We’re very happy to spend the day with our families.”

Customer: “Your families? So you’re closed? What if MY family needs to buy something? Your family isn’t more important than mine! When you work in a store you should know you can’t have a family!”

Me: “Ma’am, what exactly would you have to buy from [Hardware Store] on Thanksgiving Day?”

Customer: “Well… well, I don’t know, but you should be open anyway! Just in case!”


This story is part of the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Read the next Thanksgiving 2022 roundup story!

Read the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!