Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Food To Go Is Going Nowhere

, | Right | August 28, 2014

(The store closes at 10:30 pm. A customer comes in at 10:26 pm and takes 10 minutes to decide what they want, even though we only serve chicken tenders which take seven minutes to cook.)

Me: “All right, your box combo will be up in about eight minutes.”

Customer: “That’s fine.”

Me: *brings out food in a to-go box*

Customer: “Thank you so much!” *begins to open container*

Me: “Sir, we closed at 10:30.”

Customer: *looks at watch* “I still have time.” *continues eating*

(Because there’s a customer in the store, we can’t clean or lock the door. Just as the customer is finishing, eight more people show up.)

Customer: “My friends are here. Let them in and give them food to go.”

Me: “Sir, we’re closed.”

Customer: “The doors are open. Look here they come.”

Me: “Sir, the doors are open because we can’t lock you in.”

Manager: “Just take the orders, but make them to go.”

(I took the orders. The people proceeded to sit down with their to-go boxes and eat and talk for the next 30 minutes. My manager got so mad that we cleaned up around them. To this day the restaurant closes at 10:23 pm just to be safe.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!