Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fonts Gone Wild

, , | Right | January 15, 2008

Me: “Thank you for calling [Tech Support]; how may I assist you today?”

Customer: “Hi, I need a new computer.”

Me: “I’m sorry? You need a new computer?”

Customer: “Yeah, I just bought this one and it’s no good; it’s been hacked!”

Me: “This is software support. We can’t replace your hardware, but if you describe the problems you’re having, I can try to help you fix them.”

Customer: *irritated and sighing* “Some f****** hacker broke into my computer and put dirty words everywhere! Now I can’t even let my kids use the computer for their homework because of the obscene language that randomly pops up on the screen!”

Me: “Sounds like a virus. Do you have an anti-virus installed?”

Customer: “I have [Anti-Virus Software] and I already tried that TEN TIMES! It didn’t even find anything! Everything on this computer is just worthless and I’m sick of–”

Me: “Okay, sir, please calm down so I can help you. Can you tell me where you are seeing dirty words?”

Customer: “In [Messenger Program] and WordPad. Every time I open one of them it says, ‘A**HOLE,’ on the screen!”

Me: “Where?”

Customer: “I don’t know, why does that matter?”

Me: “I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with your machine, sir. Can you please open WordPad or [Messenger Program] and tell me where you see that word?”

Customer: *grumbling* “I’m opening instant messenger… there it is! It’s not ‘a**hole,’ though; it’s ‘anal’. Same thing! How do I get rid of this?!”

Me: “Where does it say, ‘anal’?”

Customer: “When I click on my friend’s name and the box pops up, it says, ‘anal,’ right above where you type!”

Me: “Are you sure it says ‘anal’ and not ‘arial’?

Customer: “What the hell is ‘arial’?”

Me: “It’s a font sir; it’s spelled A-R-I-A-L.”

(The customer went silent for about fifteen seconds and then hung up the phone.)


This story is part of our Swearing Customers roundup!

Read the next Swearing Customers roundup story!

Read the Swearing Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!