Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Flowered Twice Already Today

, , , | Right | December 15, 2018

(I’m delivering flowers one day. Shortly after I have returned to the store the phone rings.)

Me: “Hello. Thank you for calling. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I ordered flowers for my daughter’s birthday to be delivered today, and they have not been delivered. I am very upset that they have not been delivered yet, and I know you close in twenty minutes. Her birthday is today; I want them today.”

Me: “I’m sorry about that; what was the name and address of the order? I will look it up.”

(The customer gives the information and I immediately recognize the order.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I was actually there twice today. I tried to make it one of my first deliveries this morning and stopped by again a few hours later when I was near the area, but unfortunately, no one was home.”

Customer: “That’s a lie. My daughter has been home all day and she did not get her flowers. You did not try to deliver them.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, I was there twice today and tried calling the number while I was there, but no one answered. I even left a tag on the door asking you to call to arrange delivery. If your daughter was home, she didn’t answer the door.”

Customer: “Well, of course she didn’t answer the door. She is only ten and not allowed to answer the door to strangers when no one else is home.”

Me: “How was I supposed to deliver the flowers if there wasn’t anyone to open the door?”

(After a few seconds of silence.)

Customer: “I don’t know. My husband should be home in a few minutes. Do you think you could deliver them in ten minutes?”

Me: “I guess I can swing on my way home if you’re sure someone will answer the door.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!