Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Floored By This Behavior

, , | Right | March 10, 2017

(I have arrived at a customer’s home for an installation.)

Me: “Hi, I’m [My Name] with [Company], and—”

Customer: *interrupts me* “Take your shoes off!”

Me: “I’m sorry, due to OSHA regulations I have to leave them on, but I do have shoe covers I wear to protect your flooring.”

Customer: *sighs* “I guess that will work. Come in.”

Me: “May I see your television?”

Customer: “My son is asleep in there right now, so no.”

Me: “Oh, is this a bad time? We can always reschedule.”

Customer: “No! I want it done today!” *sighs* “I guess I’ll wake him up!”

(The son is around 19 years old and it’s 10 in the morning.)

Customer: *as I’m looking behind TV sets, hands a rag down* “I need you to dust while you are back there.”

(I pretend not to hear her and go about my inspection.)

Me: “I need to grab some things from my truck; I’ll be right back.”

Customer: *runs outside screaming* “You’ve scratched my floor! You’re going to have to pay for it! I want you off my property now!”

Me: *stunned at this point* “Ma’am, I can assure you I did not scratch your floor—”

Customer: “I SAID GET OFF MY PROPERTY OR I’M CALLING THE COPS!”

Me: “Ma’am, I would be happy to leave, but my equipment and tools are inside and I’ll need them before I go.”

Customer: “That’s it! I’m calling the cops!”

Me: “That’s fine. You’ll be arrested for theft of my tools and equipment.”

(I pulled my vehicle to the street and waited for the police to arrive. They retrieved my stuff for me and told me she had tried to pull the same stunt with the local phone, electric, and Internet companies.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!