Fire Sale Fail

, | Stettler, AB, Canada | Right | August 12, 2014

(We have a small electrical fire at our fast food restaurant. My fellow coworkers and I have just checked the building to make sure all the customers are out. Most of my coworkers have inhaled smoke and are being checked out by EMTs. I’m standing near the doors to keep customers out.)

Customer: “I ordered $40 worth of food. Why are you standing outside?”

Me: “I’m sorry, Ma’am, we’ve had a small electrical fire…”

(The building is clearly filled with smoke, visible through the windows that surround the restaurant.)

Customer: “Well, is my chicken ready? Someone can just go get it. I’ve already paid.”

Me: “You want someone to go into a burning building in order to get your chicken?”

Customer: “Yes!”

(Before I could respond my supervisor comes back from being checked out.)

Supervisor: “Ma’am, even if someone did get your chicken, it wouldn’t be safe to eat. It was in the warming tray right below where the smoke came pouring out of the roof.”

Customer: “THIS IS F****** RIDICULOUS! I’M A PAYING CUSTOMER AND I WANT MY CHICKEN!”

(I walk away and leave my supervisor to deal with the customer. Shortly after I see the supervisor run back in the building and come out with the customers refund. The customer rips the money out of her hand and storms off, nearly hitting an employee in the parking lot with her car.)

Supervisor: “I just refunded her $60 and told her she could have fresh chicken in the morning.”

Me: “Just so you know, she ripped you off. Her order only came to $42.50.”

Supervisor: “S***.”

(Thankfully, the damage was mostly in the electrical work and the restaurant was opened the next morning.)

1 Thumbs
1,133
VOTES