Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fight The NotAlwaysRight Fight

| Right | January 28, 2013

(I am a cashier at a fast food restaurant and we’re quite full today. Three teenagers (two girls and one guy) are in the line. As I hand over their orders and they give me the money, she gets closer to me.)

Girl #1: *whispering* “Please don’t freak out and play along.”

(Suddenly she starts screaming making everyone else look at us.)

Girl #1: “OH MY GOD! ARE YOU STUPID? I CLEARLY DIDN’T ORDER THIS! AND NOW YOU SAY I CAN’T HAVE MY MONEY BACK! HOW DARE YOU?!”

Me: *frightened* “Sorr-”

Girl #1: “DON’T YOU DARE SAY YOU’RE SORRY! I WANT WHAT I ORDERED AND I’M NOT PAYING FOR THIS! I WANT TO SEE A MANAGER!”

(This goes for another minute with me trying to apologize until she turns around and notices everyone else is looking at her. Her friend notices that and starts to speak.)

Girl #2: “Now, ladies and gentleman, this is how to make an a**hole out of yourself. This is how stupid you look when you get mad for no reason with people that are just doing their jobs.”

Boy: “And we would like to ask you to never behave like that. Not only will you not solve your problems but you’ll just make things worse for you and for the employees.”

Girl #1: “I’d like to thank this wonderful lady here for putting up with the crazy girl that I am. And the rest of the staff too. Let’s give them a round of applause.”

(Surprisingly, most customers start clapping. Even more surprising, the girl gives me R$50.)

Girl #1: “You deserve it because I know what you go through every day! And with this said, we’ll be leaving. Thanks for your time and remember, don’t be a bad customer.”

Me: *to coworker* “Umm… what just happened?”

Coworker: “I’m just as confused as you.”

Me: “Best. Day. Ever.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!