Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fancy That… Whatever That Means…

, , , , | Right | March 2, 2022

I work at a bakery, and I have become the cake consultant for weddings and special events. I get a call from a woman.

Caller: “Do you make cakes?”

Me: “Yes, we do! When do you need your cakes by? I want to make sure we have availability to take your order.”

Caller: “I need them next weekend.”

I let her know the sizes we can accommodate with this amount of notice: three sizes of sheet cakes as well as some tiered cake sizes.

Caller: “That sounds good!”

Me: “What sounds good, ma’am? What are you looking to order?”

Caller: “A big, fancy cake! We are just excited to have a fancy cake for the party.”

Me: “Could you please be more specific about the size you need? How many people are you looking to feed?”

Caller: “I’m not really sure. We just need a big, fancy cake!”

Me: “Ma’am, the pricing will depend on the size you need as well as additional charges for premium cake or filling flavors. I need a bit more information to take your order.”

Caller: *Angry now* “I just want a big, fancy cake! This shouldn’t be so difficult! Put your manager on the phone!”

Me: “I am the manager.”

Caller: “Well, this isn’t so difficult! We just want a big, fancy cake!”

Me: “I have explained to you several times now that I need more specifics. If you would still like to place an order, please call back with that information, but now I’m disconnecting the call.” *Hangs up*

Since the call wasn’t going well, I had walked over to the owner of the bakery while on the phone to ensure she heard what was happening.

The phone rings again almost immediately, and the owner has me give her the phone. Sure enough, it’s the same caller. The owner listens for a moment and interrupts, speaking loudly as the customer will not stop speaking.

Owner: “Ma’am, I have been standing next to my manager for her entire call with you and what you’re saying is simply not true. If you had told her a number you needed to feed, she could have proceeded to assist you with your order.”

Caller: “Fine! I will order my big, fancy cake somewhere else!” *Hangs up*

Owner: *To me* “I kind of wish I knew what ‘big’ and ‘fancy’ meant to this woman. Is the cake for a birthday, a wedding? Oh, and she said you called her an idiot and cussed her out before hanging up on her.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!