Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Family Business Is None Of Yours

| Working | September 25, 2015

(One of our coworkers pulled a no call/no show on a Saturday, leaving just the three of us on duty for the afternoon. The manager for the day is busy handling the projection booth, and I’m working as an usher, when I notice that the line at the number seven concession stand is growing way too long for the one coworker back there to handle by himself, so I leave my post and go to help. About fifteen minutes later, the owner of the theater and his wife, who is generally the bossier of the two, come in.)

Owner’s Wife: “What the h*** is this?! Where is our usher?!”

Me: “We’re shorthanded and the line at concessions was almost out the door.”

Owner’s Wife: “Well, where’s [Manager]? He should be down here!”

Me: “He’s busy getting the movies started up.”

Owner’s Wife: “Well, then, [General Manager] should be in to help!”

(She proceeds to call the general manager, who is off for the weekend because he has custody of his son.)

Owner’s Wife: *practically shouting over the phone* “[General Manager], there is no one here to usher. You need to come and take care of this. I don’t care! This is no excuse! Somebody needs to be here. You have one of two choices: your family or your job!”

(The general manager did come in, but only to turn in his keys and leave. The owner chased him down in the parking lot and talked him out of quitting. He later had a talk with his wife, who has since become a little less demanding… a little.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!