Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fall Of Bridezilla

, , , , , , | Romantic | July 29, 2018

(I end up being the wedding planner of a Bridezilla. The bride’s sister — and bridesmaid — gets pregnant. The Bridezilla informs her that her pregnancy is inconvenient, and throws a fit at her poor timing because the dress will have to be altered to handle the pregnancy, etc. I flee to another room and shut the door, but they are having it out so loudly I can still hear the fight. After what seems like an eternity, the sister says coldly:)

Sister: “We’ve been trying for three years. While the wedding may be your day, you knew what I was going through to get the chance to have a baby.”

Bridezilla: “Well, then, I guess you can’t be in my wedding, because I don’t want to deal with the problems your pregnancy will cause.”

(While I stand there, flabbergasted, I hear nothing but silence and then the quiet shutting of the door. The sister had walked out without another word. I put on my best retail face and continue with the plans. A few months later, [Bridezilla] and [Bridezilla’s Mom] are with me, and [Bridezilla’s Mom] gets a phone call. [Bridezilla’s Mom] excuses herself and left to answer. She spends most of the meeting on the phone. Towards the end, [Bridezilla’s Mom] comes back, slowly putting her phone away. It looks as though she’s been crying.)

Bridezilla: “Who was that?”

Bridezilla’s Mom: “Your sister… She lost the baby.”

(Yep. [Bridezilla’s Mom] has definitely been crying… right along with her poor, distraught daughter on the other end of the phone. My heart breaks for them. There is nothing I can say to take the pain away, and there are not enough tissues in the world to mop up my sympathetic tears that are about to come to the surface.)

Bridezilla: “Oh. Well, I guess she can be in my wedding, then, since she’s not pregnant anymore.”

(I have never seen something snap behind another person’s eyes before. It’s absolutely terrifying! [Bridezilla’s Mom] turns to me and speaks in this deadly soft, deadly calm voice:)

Bridezilla’s Mom: “I’m so sorry to have wasted your time, but it looks as though I won’t be financing the wedding anymore. It looks like my daughter will be taking over paying for everything. I hope this doesn’t cause your business any trouble.”

Bridezilla: *suddenly horrified and in panic mode* “MOM?!”

Me: *giving [Bridezilla’s Mom] a brilliant smile* “I understand, ma’am. I think we can sort out the snags.”

([Bridezilla] freaked out, shrieking, waving her arms, screeching horrified questions, and getting more and more panicked as [Bridezilla’s Mom] coldly refuses to answer the demanding, “Why?!” of her “sudden and unexplained” refusal to pay for the wedding. [Bridezilla’s Mom] left, her back ramrod straight, trailed by her hysterical [Bridezilla] daughter. The wedding was cancelled entirely, twenty-four hours later, by the would-be groom.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!